COSTA MESA, CA – August 4, 2011 – (Motor Sports Newswire) -
- NADAguides, the most comprehensive new and used car, classic car, motorcycle, boat and recreation vehicle pricing and information resource online, announces its 2011 second quarter Traffic Trends Report – showing growth in consumer shopping activity and site traffic across new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats and RVs.
- The new and used car section on NADAguides.com experienced a 10 percent increase in unique visitors since the beginning of the year and the month of June 2011 alone showed a 12 percent increase in unique visitors as compared to June 2010. The 10 percent increase in traffic on NADAguides.com parallels industry reports of a 10 percent increase in new car sales for the first half of 2011 – demonstrating that consumers are utilizing NADAguides during their car buying process and taking that knowledge to the dealer lots.
- The total number of unique visitors to NADAguides.com has also seen a double-digit increase since the beginning of the year with the number increasing an astounding 14 percent.
- Interest in boats and personal watercraft saw a surge of consumer traffic in Q2, increasing 54 percent from Q1. Analysts attribute the majority of this growth to an increase in consumer demand for used boats compared to the same time last year – the month of June 2011 alone showed a 14 percent increase in unique visitors as compared to June 2010. Boat dealers are finding it difficult to keep used boat inventory on their lots. Boat and personal watercraft shoppers, in an effort to keep purchase costs down and still pursue their boating interests in tough economic times, are seeking out late model used boats and personal watercraft and the traffic within the Boat section of NADAguides is reflecting this same trend.
- Site traffic for RVs has risen 29 percent since the beginning of the year. NADAguides’ analysts note that this growth is primarily contributable to the lower than expected price of fuel, currently at a nationwide average of $3.69, as families are planning spring and summer camping vacations. Fuel prices did not reach five dollars a gallon as many economists predicted, making RVs an affordable option for families to escape from daily activities and enjoy nature, while still having the creature comforts of home.
- NADAguides.com has seen an increase of 23 percent in site traffic to motorcycles, ATVs and utility vehicles with consumers still able to find used units and late model new units within the range of affordability. NADAguides’ analysts report these great deals are prompting buyers to take action and site traffic for the powersports section of the site confirms this hike in consumer shopping activity. As consumer confidence continues to grow, the interest in motorcycles, ATVs and the like will also continue to spike, especially with smaller, entry level machines.
- NADAguides’ analysts report a traffic growth of 10 percent to the Classic Car section since the beginning of the year as well. A portion of this traffic increase can be attributed to the reliance on NADAguides vehicle pricing and information revolving around recent collectible car auctions such as the famous Barrett Jackson Classic Car Auction. The auction, combined with a sluggish economy, brings new bidders that are taking advantage of the lower prices within the current collector car market.
- Troy Snyder, director of product development at NADAguides: “NADAguides.com has experienced exceptional growth since the beginning of the year as well as over last year’s traffic statistics. This growth is expected to continue with the broadening of site content, heightened marketing efforts and the ability of the site to change and morph its content with the demands of each respective vehicle segment represented on the site. We are the largest publisher of vehicle data online and in-market vehicle shoppers are responding to this all-encompassing presentation of new and used vehicle information.”
About the NADAguides Traffic Trends Report
The NADAguides Traffic Trends Report is an analytical review of millions of consumer behaviors and interest indicators on NADAguides.com for the year. NADAguides’ Traffic Trends Report is an ongoing study, tracking and trending consumer research patterns and purchase intentions within the automotive, classic car, motorcycle, boat and recreation vehicle industries.
NADAguides (http://www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, recreation vehicles, and manufactured homes. NADAguides offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.
- Automotive – New and used
- Classic car
- Recreation vehicle