TORRANCE, CA – January 11, 2010 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Starting with 2010 Honda VT1300’s 3 young designers from Honda Reseach & Development Americas located in Southern Calinfornia were given the opportunity to build customs based on where their visions would take the Fury, Stateline & Sabre. The designers were given free reign within a limited budget and 2 requirements, full on runners, and stay true to the core of the production vehicle. Another reality was that the designers had only 3 months to realize their builds from start to finish. The Furious (Chopper), Switchblade (ProDrag) and Slammer (Bagger) debuted at the December 17th 2010 Long Beach, CA International Motorcycle show and will continue on the nationwide tour through 2011.
2010 Stateline “Slammer” (Bagger)
Based on a 2010 Stateline, designer Erik Dunshee (Honda R&D Americas) reveals the life of low. Fueled by elegance and power the Slammer sports a fully adjustable air-ride suspension, NAV/Multimedia, 10″ subwoofer and 500 watts of power. With a full front end conversion, including a lean 23″ custom wheel, the designer achieved all this without frame or engine modification. Low has never looked so good.
- - Stock: Frame, swing arm, VT1300cc engine and tank
- - 23″ Spec designed front wheel
- - Fully “Air ride adjustable” front & rear suspension 6″ ride height to 2.25″ lowered
- - Composite coated narrow track front rotor with 6 piston caliper
- - Nav/Multimedia Head unit with GPS speed display
- - 3 speaker including a 10″ subwoofer 500 watt sound system
- - Full custom bodywork including a leather drop seat
- - 2 tone Satin metallic black & pearl black paint
- - Custom Spec crossover twin pipe exhaust
- - Air/Box/cleaner Conversion
2010 Sabre “Switchblade” (Pro Drag)
Taking the 2010 Sabre, designer Edward Birtulescu (Honda R&D Americas) conceived Switchblade. A racing inspired cruiser that took styling cues from Formula1 and MotoGP. With one look you know that Switchblade is fully committed to precision and performance. Full Carbon fiber dress, racing 3 way adjustable suspension and a single sided swing arm with a 535 chain conversion optimize the single focus of this design, speed. Switchblade has a mass centralized proportion to reinforce this super sport assault.
- - Stock frame, VT1300cc engine & tank
- - 3way fully adjustable sport suspension
- - Carbon fiber custom bodywork & spec seat
- - 535 Chain conversion (Before shaft drive)
- - Single sided swing arm conversion
- - Racing spec calipers & rotors
- - Carbon Fiber 18″ rear wheel – Front wheel 21″ carbon fiber
- - Onboard GPS laptimer & data acquisition unit
- - Oversize Billet Top and lower bridge
- - Air/Box/cleaner Conversion
2010 Honda Fury “Furious” (Hardtail Chopper)
Based on the 2010 Fury, Nick Renner (Honda R&D Americas) introduces “Furious”, a bold blend of new and old school flavor. Pounding the street with a 23 inch wheel up front and a 20 on the rear, Furious makes no apologies. 45 degree rake and converted hard tail create a clean, pure statement that is simply chopper. Metal flake, variegated leafing, and diamond stitched seat contrast with the five spoke crushers and Fury tank. Long and low, clean and mean… Furious is an instant Neo-Classic.
- - Stock: VT1300cc engine & tank
- - Front 23″ wheel Rear 20″
- - Exposed shaft drive
- - Hard tail custom spec frame conversion (37degree head pipe with a 8 degree fork angle offset)
- - Custom oversize drag bars – Custom Paint
- - Custom
- - Straight pipe exhaust
- - Custom Diamond stitched leather seat & rear hugger
SOURCE: American Honda Motor Co., Inc.